Thread: Shawn Belle Traded to Colorado Avalanche

OKCHockey.com Administrator Brett's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Shawn Belle Traded to Colorado Avalanche

Confirmed by Oilers

Kevin Montgomery to the Barons most likely.

Thanks

Was kind of looking forward to see how he would play once he was cleared to play by the medical staff. Oh well. Anyone heard any updates on his injury?

OKCHockey.com Administrator Brett's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TravC View Post
    Was kind of looking forward to see how he would play once he was cleared to play by the medical staff. Oh well. Anyone heard any updates on his injury?
    Heard he was getting close to returning. Word is they moved him because of the stupid AHL veteran rule. Since Stortini got sent down one of them would have to sit each game

Thanks

Also word is that he was sulking in OKC, and had to move.- that's quoting Tencer

This move doesn't affect the Barons much. I know there might be some Shawn Belle fanboys on here, but I think Helmer's play has made Belle replaceable. He was becoming a liability, maybe it was because he had the nagging injury, he was good for two months then he became a pylon after that. Good luck, Belle.

Also, if he was sulking then I don't want him here. I'm sure he's not the only one, but I don't want any more negative energy in the locker room down this playoff stretch. I like what Stortini brings to the team, so I'm glad we don't have to sit a vet anymore.
    Last edited by Phillyfan; 02-28-2011 at 01:26 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phillyfan View Post
    Also word is that he was sulking in OKC, and had to move.- that's quoting Tencer

This move doesn't affect the Barons much. I know there might be some Shawn Belle fanboys on here, but I think Helmer and Aiello's play has made Belle replaceable. He was becoming a liability, maybe it was because he had the nagging injury, he was good for two months then he became a pylon after that. Good luck, Belle.

Also, if he was sulking then I don't want him here. I'm sure he's not the only one, but I don't want any more negative energy in the locker room down this playoff stretch. I like what Stortini brings to the team, so I'm glad we don't have to sit a vet anymore.
    Agreed. Fan favorite because of his fight in first game but wildly inconsistent. Now if we can just get rid of Plante... talk about a pylon

Thanks

Yeah, probably will be good for the Barons on the whole. Kinda bummed since he was such a fan favorite, and for him personally - I'm sure he would have loved to get the chance to play for his hometown again.

Would love to see them send him up for a few games though, I think a Belle Avs jersey might be the only way I get my wife to wear the Burgundy and Blue...

Zamboni Driver
    Thanks

I'm not too upset about this one. He was a physical presence, but that's about it.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

colorado shawn belle

tsn shawn belle sulking

tsn shawn belle sulking tencer

shawn belle new hockey team

Where is OKC Barons player Belle

SEO Blog