Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OKC Barons Attendance Thread

Thanks

Exclamation OKC Barons Attendance Thread

Anyone know what the break even point is on attendance? I know the Barons have a pretty sweet lease at the Myriad, but I'm sure ~3000 a night is well below what they were expecting.

OKCHockey.com Administrator Brett's Avatar
    Thanks

That is sure disappointing. People keep on using excuses like OU football, concerts, etc - but the fact remains other cities deal with that too. Sure hope they can fill up more seats.

OKC had the worst attendance in the league last night

Thanks

I think if you would do a league wide comparison you would also see they have one of the highest ticket prices as well. Out side of AHL team in Canada they are one of the highest stateside, especially with a huge rink capacity by AHL standards. I think I heard the Baron's cheapest ticket is 5-10 dollars more expensive than the NBA Thunders cheapest tickets. Thats quite the head scratcher ..

Thanks

IMHO, if we don't start putting 5000+ in the Myriad, the Barons will have a VERY short stay in OKC.

OKCHockey.com Administrator Brett's Avatar
    Thanks

they need to do more promotion. college night - students get in for cheap...

put 500-1000 tickets at $10 or less. maybe do something with the thunder - bring a thunder ticket stub and get 2 for 1 or something.

Team Drunk El Gato Pollo Loco!!!'s Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    they need to do more promotion...
    Exactly. I think your ideas on college night and $5-10 are excellent ideas. The Thunder things might be a little more complicated.

I think another way to get some butts in the seats is more giveaway nights. So far, they only have 9 games where there's a giveaway of some sort. Two of those dates have passed already. I don't see why they couldn't get a couple more in there. Perhaps a bobble-head night (If not a player, you always have the mascot or Ben Buckland to model one after). Maybe some commemorative swag nights like patches, pucks, hockey cards, etc. Also, they don't all have to be on Friday night.

On a side note, I wonder how much the team name thing is really keeping people away. Not that I agree with them, but I know some people were bitter about that.

Thanks

what was the attendance Friday? what about today?

Thanks

found it ... Yesterday, total, # of games, and Avg

Oklahoma City 3,259, / 19,243 /4 /4,811

Thanks

They can only ride the 9800 of opening night so long. I predict the upcoming Tuesday night crowd will be the worst number yet. I hope I'm wrong...

Zamboni Driver
    Thanks

I wouldn't be too concerned about attendance until after college football season.

We do have to compete with two competitive area college teams (OU, OSU), NBA basketball and if the CHL can average over 6,000 its finale season here; the AHL should be able to match that.

After watching two games here; it's obvious that the quality of hockey in OKC is much faster and more exciting than the CHL.

When the team begins to win; the butts will fills the seats.

A win against Lake Erie and now an 8 - 2 dismantling of Houston @ the Toyota Center.

Attendance will get better.
    "Oklahoma City looks oh-so pretty as I get my kicks on Route 66." --Nat King Cole.

Senior Beer Leaguer Bill Haverchuck's Avatar
    Thanks

Well Ive pinched every penny over the last couple of weeks and will be purchasing a 10 ticket flex pack today (I was opting for a bigger package or season tix but times are tuff and I got to get what I can get lol) so I should be in the building tomorrow night.

I think 5,000 a night is doable, but I think 9,000+ like on opening night will be few and far between. Remember, when the Blazers were setting North American minor league attendence records the Sooners were at one of their programs all time lows and we didnt have the Thunder. Now as much as it sounds like an "excuse" its simply just the truth, this is Oklahoma we grow up playing football and basketball here, hockey is not even on the radar for most people. When I was 14 and attended my first Blazers game I had never watched a minute of hockey before. However I was hooked after that one game and began to beg my parents for Blazers tickets for every occasion, I would listen to John Brooks' play by play for every game I couldnt attend, I even sold programs for them one season not so I could make money but so I could see the games for free lol.

So basically if I got "hooked" on the CHL theres no reason in the world we cant get a whole new batch of hockey heads hooked on AHL, they just need better promo (like a few of you have said) to get some new butts in the seat and hopefully spread hockey fever around here!
    THE ENFORCER

Zamboni Driver
    Thanks

Bill Haverchuck:

You have very good insight on OKC hockey; promotions will definitely be needed to keep this team afloat.

OSU and OU are having a quality year in college football. Great expectations are in store for the OKC Thunder. There is a lot of competition for the sports dollar in our market; my experience with hockey has been that as it gets colder, fans would prefer to be inside than outside. Attendance usually picks up in late November and/or early December.

Notice that most of the teams in the AHL that have very good attendance have the market all to themselves.

The economy is an issue for now and as things get better, so will fans flock to the return of AAA hockey to OKC.

I was disappointed in the lower scale ticket prices--we're all on a budget; when I purchased some additional tickets for opening night, $12.00 was the most inexpensive seat, the Thunder has lower priced seating beginning at $10.00. Now, overall, the Barons' hockey seating isn't as expensive as the Thunder.

I can't attend all the Thunder and Barons games; so, I'll have to pick and choose which Barons' games to attend.

"Oklahoma City looks oh-so pretty as I get my kicks on Route 66." --Nat King Cole.

Senior Beer Leaguer
    Thanks

Interesting points people raise. As a non-OKC person I am amazed to hear that Thunder tickets are actually cheaper than Barons (for the cheap seats). I would agree that there should be ways for people to get into the cheap seats for very low prices. This is the only way you will build a fan base is to get people in. And hopefully if some people enjoy the game enough they might want to try sitting down by the glass or behind the bench or something at the next game. But if I were in charge of the barons my goal would just be to get people in the building any way possible, at least at first.

Thanks

I guess I shouldn't be TOO concerned about the Barons yet...Only 6700 last night for the Phoenix Coyotes, OUCH!

http://www.nightmareonhelmstreet.com...ix-phails.html

Zamboni Driver
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ScottInOKC View Post
    I guess I shouldn't be TOO concerned about the Barons yet...Only 6700 last night for the Phoenix Coyotes, OUCH!

http://www.nightmareonhelmstreet.com...ix-phails.html
    can we go get Clay Bennett to buy them too?!?!!?!?!?!!
    Norman Street Hockey Champion, 1996

Visitors found this page by searching for:

oklahoma city barons attendance

barons attendance

oklahoma barons attendance

okc barons attendance

okc barons attandece

barons hockey attendanceokc barons revenueokc barons what is password for all you can eat tickets?okc barons all you can eat offer codeokc barons all you can eat codeoklahoma hockey attendanceokc barons blogsokc barons faith and familyokc barons promotionsmike keane bobblehead for saleokc barons attendencebarons oklahoma city attendanceokc barons average attendance 2011oklahoma city barons promotionsokc barons attendance 2011okc attendance baronsoklahoma city barons all you can eatmssBarrons hocky okokc barons all you can eat seats
SEO Blog